Gifts From Arthur! Our New Giveaway
Guinness celebrates its 250th anniversary this year… and we think that is cause to celebrate!
In honor of Arthur Guinness and his fine contribution to the world, we’ve collected a handful of prizes for a few lucky folks who follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and our blog.
I think you’ll be very happy with this prize list:
- A Set of Guinness Coasters & Bottle opener – Winner Laury Leeds
- A Guinness Canterbury Rugby Jersey – Winner Jeff Coyle
- A Guinness Bottle Openers – Winner Hussman
- Pauline Frommers Ireland – Winner Gina Paterson-Bryant, Winner Carla Moser, Winner Robert Stefanoski, Winner Gisela S.
- An Energizer e2 Rechargeable Travel Kit – Winner Andrew Barret
- A copy of Ask Arthur Frommer & Travel Better, Cheaper, Smarter – Michael Connelly
- TuGo luggage coffee holder + Starbucks Via Ready Brew – Winner Jeff Coyle, Winner Kim Walton Quade
- Luggage Tags from Boingo+ Starbucks Via Ready Brew – Winner Ric Owens, Winner Riverfront Irish
- Travel First Aid Kits from tots on-the-go + Starbucks Via Ready Brew – Winner Elizabeth Baucom Gunn, Winner Joanna Haugen
- 1GB Memory Stick from http://www.hotels.com – Winner Jeannie Britton
- An Irish Official Dirt Gift Box from www.officialirishdirt.com – Drawing on Monday
- A FlipMinoHD Video Camera – Just like the one we used on the Irish-American Roadtrip! – Drawing on Monday
Cool stuff, huh?!
We’re doing this giveaway a little differently from past drawings. This time, we’re rewarding those who contribute to the Irish Fireside community. So the more active you are in our online community, the more chances you’ll have to bring home one a prize. Here’s how you earn entries:
- 1 entry per day for leaving a comment on the Irish Fireside Blog – www.irishfireside.com – each day you comment earns you one entry into the drawing
- 1 entry per day for leaving a comment on our Facebook Fan Page – www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Fireside/76119078717
- 1 entry per day for retweeting one of our Twitter posts or including @irishfireside in a tweet – www.twitter.com/IrishFireside
- 1 entry per week for commenting on our YouTube channel – www.youtube.com/irishfireside
- 50 entries for submitting an article for our blog/e-newsletter (300-1,000 words – email corey (at) irishfireside.com for details – we love Irish travel tales, tips and Irish-American experience stories!)
- A whopping 200 entries if you create an online video that includes a reference to www.IrishFireside.com (if you don’t have a YouTube account, you can send the clip to us, and we’ll post it for you). If you’re looking for inspiration, you could create your own “To Arthur video” like they did over at www.GuinnessPours.net. Here’s their 10-second clip:
We’ll be spreading out the fun and drawing winners over the next three Fridays, July 17, 24 & 31, 2009 — We’ve extended the contest – Final drawings will take place Aug 7th & 10th.
FYI – we are looking for legitimate participation, so leaving comments like “cool” and “pick me” won’t get you entries. Liam’s mom will be helping keep track of everybody’s participation, so don’t even think of trying to bribe us. She’s got much higher standards than us, so she’ll probably punish you for misbehavior😉
Winners of some prizes must be prepared to prove they are over 21 years old.
If you’d like to see our prize list grow and have something you’d like to contribute to our drawing, drop me a line (corey (*at*) irishfireside.com), and I’ll see if I can include it.
Here’s “to Arthur!”